Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 44

Thread: One man's take on AGPLA...

  1. #1
    Inactive Member only1genevieve's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 5th, 2005
    Posts
    483
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, he wasn't the only male in AGPLA, but it was close. My BF had never been exposed to so much AG before (he's only seen me using mine for sewing) so he was a little shocked. A few comments I found amusing:

    "Little girls can get their hair done here? What? DOLLS? How much is it--TWENTY DOLLARS? Genevieve, you should do this for a living."

    "Oh my god." (on seeing the Historic section on the second floor)

    "A better question would be, what _don't_ these dolls have." (In response to another man's, "How many accessories do these dolls have?")

    "Dude, Molly's rollerskates kick a**. You should totally get that outfit."

    "Yes. Because every doll needs a bikini."

    "Uh oh, someone's asleep on the job!" (Seeing a GOT that fell down in pajammas)

    "A cafe? We should eat dinner here." Looks at the menu: "Never mind."

    "Awww, that baby is tanning! How cute!"

    "What kind of movies do they show here? Wait--that's a real theater?"

    "Dude, that doll has a pony?"

    "Can I stay and watch the windows?" (there are video displays for each historic girl that look like you're gazing through windows at the "real" world.)

    "I was going to get you a doll for graduation , but I went to the website and was totally confused. I had no idea which you'd want. Then I thought I'd get you something else." Me: "What?"
    Paul: "I don't want to say, but a doll would be better."

    "I wish I had ten thousand dollars."
    Me: Aww! You want to get me all of the American Girl collection?
    Paul: "Actually, I want that huge wall-monitor at the Mac store."
    Me: "Oh."

    And, lastly, as we were leaving.
    "You should work at the dolly hair salon because you're good at hair. Then you'd get a discount. But then you'd probably just have to return your paycheck every month because you'd be in debt at the store, so maybe it's not the best idea."


    On a side note, I also saw two guys COVERED in tattoos. They were alone, but they looked really familiar - like rockers that I've seen somewhere (though I'm bad with names). They were wandering around looking for something specific. It was really cute. I was so amused with the thought of heavy-metal rockesr going to AGPLA to buy some dolly PJs for their daughters [img]wink.gif[/img] .

  2. #2
    Inactive Member ColonialGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 31st, 2005
    Posts
    226
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Aw, that's really cute! haha, it had me laughing! Guys are so funny when it comes to dolls!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member alliesunshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 29th, 2006
    Posts
    148
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    LOL. Sounds like the same conversation my husband and I would have if we were there together.

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner aggirl479's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2005
    Posts
    1,030
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    OMG ROTFL!!! Your boyfriend is hilarious!

    Congratulations on getting to go to AGPLA [img]biggrin.gif[/img] !

  5. #5
    Inactive Member mspenny's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    48
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh what a cute topic! I was there with only girls today, but I loved a couple things I heard from boys or concerning boys. I thought I would share, to add to the fun.

    Little boy as he was leaving AGPLA, "There is to much giiirrrly stuff in here!"

    Mom saying to a little boy. "I SWEAR I will take you to a toy store as soon as we are done here! You can get any video game you want." (Now I saw this boy through out the afternoon and he was being a trooper.)

    Now I will have to say I was surprised by the amount of male employees. There were quite a few.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member only1genevieve's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 5th, 2005
    Posts
    483
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    mspenny - the enduring little boys were a theme! I saw a dad going past with his daughter saying, "Since you've been so good you can pick something out. I've been really pleased with your behavior today. Now I wish I could say the same for your brother!"

    I wanted to say, "Well, you didn't expect him to be bribed with dolls too, now did you?"

    THOUGH!

    I did also see a four year old boy, very carefully trying to decide which historical doll he wanted! His mom had a couple out for him and he was debating between a Kirsten and another historical girl (Maybe Molly). It was so cute!

  7. #7
    Inactive Member only1genevieve's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 5th, 2005
    Posts
    483
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    **** ROTFL!!! Your boyfriend is hilarious!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hee hee, I think so. But then again, I'm the one dating him. We share a love of bad jokes.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member mspenny's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    48
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by only1genevieve:
    mspenny - the enduring little boys were a theme! I saw a dad going past with his daughter saying, "Since you've been so good you can pick something out. I've been really pleased with your behavior today. Now I wish I could say the same for your brother!"

    I wanted to say, "Well, you didn't expect him to be bribed with dolls too, now did you?"

    THOUGH!

    I did also see a four year old boy, very carefully trying to decide which historical doll he wanted! His mom had a couple out for him and he was debating between a Kirsten and another historical girl (Maybe Molly). It was so cute!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LOL That is to cute about the brother not behaving.

    The little boy picking a doll, how SWEET! I work at a school, and I am surprised at how many boys read the American Girl Books. Like Molly, Felicity, etc. I sometimes wonder if AG introduced boy dolls, if boys would get into it.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member dornroeschen's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    1,053
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Great comments! Couldn't stop laughing - and the image of tattooed heavy-metal rockers in the shop too.

    Also loved the stories/comments overheard at AGPLA from little boys. Must have been really cute to see the little boy choose his own doll. Good for him!

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Skittl1321's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2005
    Posts
    1,310
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    SOunds like my husband. I loved the $10,000 comment!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •